Personal branding is an important aspect to your job search process. Your personal brand tells employers who you are and how you want others to perceive you. With social media being a top form of communication today, most employers use it to learn about a prospective employee. With that being said, it is important to keep your social media sites directed toward your personal brand.
We have a few points you should keep in consideration that will help when creating your personal brand.
- What makes you stand out?
- What unique qualities do you have that set you apart from everyone else?
- What are your goals?
- Where do you hope to be at in your career in one, five, and ten years?
- How do you want others to perceive you?
- Think about what you want to be known for. Keep this personal brand consistent throughout everything- your actions, behavior, attire, etc.
- What is your target market?
- Who are you trying to target your personal brand towards? This is important to distinguish because you want your personal brand to offer them what they need. Mutual interests will help your brand be successful.