As we “spring forward” and lose an hour this weekend, we all feel the crunch to save as much time as possible. While you are juggling the many responsibilities of managing a workforce, effective time management is key. We have shared our favorite tips to give you more time, even when you are losing an hour.
1. Schedule your time wisely. Analyze your day to identify when you are most efficient at certain types of tasks. Whether you are a morning person or more productive in the evening, let the timing that works best for you dictate your schedule.
2. Get organized. Use the latest organization and communication skills to help you get organized. For example, organize your email into folders to help you prioritize. You should also connect your calendar to your email to easily schedule meetings.
3. Avoid distractions. When working on a challenging or demanding task, remove any unnecessary distractions. Set your phone on silent and close your office door for a set period of time to help you focus on the tasks at hand. This means avoiding multitasking too!
4. Utilize your employees. Use your company’s talent wisely, delegating tasks to individuals based on their talents and interests. This will not only save you time, but also help your employees grow and perfect new skills.
5. Outsource. Don’t be afraid to outsource specialized needs. This will not only save you time, but, in turn, can save the organization valuable resources. You may consider hiring an outplacement consulting firm, payroll needs, or other specific operations.
By implementing these tips into your work, you are certain to accelerate the efficiency, accuracy, and effectiveness of your operations to maximize your business potential.