Top Five Tips to Find Your New Career in the New Year
2015 is right around the corner! While we have spent the last few weeks celebrating and reflecting on the past year, it is now time to refresh all aspects of life for the New Year. If you are thinking about making a fresh start in your career, we have the top five tips to help you find your new career.
1. Evaluate your current professional life. Before you decide where you want to go, you must know where you are currently. What have you learned about your experiences? Reflect on these to establish a clear and specific goal of where you want to be at the end of next year.
2. Start planning. Set short-term career goals throughout the year and start establishing ways to achieve these goals. By having this all written down, you have something to hold yourself responsible for and keep you motivated.
3. Gather the tools to achieve your plan. This includes a thorough analysis and updates of your resume, LinkedIn profile, as well as any other social media accounts and online profiles.
4. Continue networking. You should also continue the great networking techniques you have been practicing throughout the holidays. Make sure the people in your network know that you are looking for new opportunities.
5. Stay positive. No matter what stage of career development you are currently, you are likely to experience some difficult roadblocks while working towards your goals. A positive and determined attitude is the only way to get past these.
Keep these tips in mind as you recharge, plan, and prepare yourself for the opportunities and new career that is waiting for you in 2015. We are also here to help you! Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you explore your options, develop a career plan, and perfect your job searching tools.