Five Steps to Spring Clean Your Career
Spring is in full swing and we are all feeling the extra motivation to deep clean our homes and go through our closets. Although, this is also a great time to look and your professional life and do a little spring cleaning. We have developed a five step process to help you spring clean your career.
1. Evaluate. Before you can start cleaning and updating, evaluate where you are in your career. It is easy to get caught up in the daily activities and needs and lose track of your ultimate goal. Take some time to identify the areas that are going right and those that need more attention.
2. Start Dusting. Review your online profiles, inbox, desk, resume, elevator speech, and any other tools that support your career. Make the necessary edits and updates to ensure they portray your career accurately.
3. Down Size. This is the time you clean out your closets and garage, so why not do the same for your to do list. Start delegating tasks that you can in order to give yourself the time to really focus on what is important.
4. Start Growing. Sign up for classes and workshops which promote personal and career growth. You can also use these events to grow your professional network.
5. Start Fresh. Maintain all of the work you have done by implementing new tools and systems. This is the best way to stay organized and focused on the most important things in your career. Check out these five apps to help increase your productivity: http://mavenly.co/productivity/
Spend some time on this five step process and you are certain to see improvements and increased success in your professional life. What other tips do you use to spring clean your career?