It seems easier every year to live more environmentally friendly, so what is stopping you from making your office green? Celebrate Earth Day by implementing these five tips.
1. Use electricity wisely. Be certain to turn off any electronics when not in use aswell as adjust the electricity saving settings to have computers enter sleep mode after 15 minutes without activity. Little steps not only make your office more environmentally friendly but also save operating expenses.
2. Use the 4 R’s. Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, and Refuse. Be conscious about everything you are purchasing before placing any supply orders as well as anything you are throwing away. Maybe you can use the back of that piece of paper or do not need all of those sticky notes.
3. Replace all cleaning supplies with environmentally green products. There are so many companies that produce clean products which prevent excess pollution.
4. Go paperless. Emails, PDF files, note taking apps, and electronic signature tools are just a few resources that make it easy to go paperless.
5. Eliminate unnecessary transportation. Encourage employees to telecommute and host virtual meetings via GoToMeeting to reduce pollution. You will also save travel time!
A few small steps and efforts can make a big difference on our environment and it allstarts with a conscious mind our impact on the environment.