Career Consulting Sessions
A one-hour career consulting session is designed for the following situations:
- Searching for your 1st REAL job
- Experienced, but feel you are stuck in neutral at your current job
- Ready to ask for a raise or promotion, but not sure how
- Currently job searching – review of traditional and non-traditional job search techniques, review and suggestions to improve your current job search efforts, expert networking resources and guidance
- Preparing for a layoff – No one wants to go through this experience. But advance preparation can make your transition to another job smoother and less painful. Retooling requires reevaluating your career goals and making the right decisions. Polishing your job search skills will jump start your journey. Get your mojo back with help from your career coach!
- Seeking life-work balance. Embrace it! Find happiness with your career and your life.
Career Change Session
Career planning is an exciting process of finding your ideal career, based upon your intrinsic interests, motivational traits, personal work style, personality, values, skills, and aptitudes.
You can easily have years go by without exploring your potential for success. Surveys typically indicate that a large percentage of people do not enjoy their work. Students often decide upon a major without fully exploring the most rewarding options. Studies show people who are working in a career that supports their intrinsic interests are happier, and more successful and fulfilled.
Whether a first career or a career change, millions of people are using career planning to find their ideal career.
This session involves analyzing your past experiences and discussing options to pursue a career that aligns with your core values. We will discuss the use of various tools and most importantly, review the decision-making processes. This entails a review of:
- Applying essential decision-making steps and tools
- Asking yourself key decision-making questions
- Developing a plan
- Conducting Informational Interviews or Job Shadowing
You will leave this career change planning session with a step by step guide customized for you to pursue a new path. This guide also includes a strategic job search action plan so you can visualize the steps necessary to secure a new job, once we have determined what you are targeting!
“I have spent thousands of dollars in four years on multiple expert coaches and resume builders – none have exceeded my expectations like Danielle Dayries. In less than a week, she cut to the core of my needs to execute a polished product and program that allowed me to take the next step on my professional path. Thank you!”
T. Fryoux, Financial Services Executive
“Danielle delivers the perfect blend of strategic career coaching combined with hands on practical tools. After our initial meeting, I had a clear vision of where I was heading with specific targets and an action plan. As a coach, she was able to provide the push I needed as both a critic and a supporter. With Danielle’s guidance, I quickly found more opportunities. Working with Danielle was the best decision I made during my career search and clearly the best value of all of the other resources I used. I only wish I had contacted her sooner! I highly recommend Danielle and will continue to work with Danielle as a trusted advisor.”
A. Copeland, Operations Executive
“I highly recommend Danielle to any professional looking for a job or new career. I started working with Danielle and her company Danielle M. Dayries & Associates after being laid off from a job that I had for 15 years. Needless to say, I was not familiar with the modern day job hunt and started from ground zero. After developing a great resume, Danielle coached me through the many job search’s, networking and interviewing tools that she has used and developed successfully.
“What impressed me the most about Danielle was her wealth of knowledge and complete dedication to her clients. She knows what works and helped me avoid the many pitfalls and time wasting that can occur during the job search process. We met several times one-on-one and she took the time to answer my questions by phone and e-mail, even after hours. She would check in after interviews and send me valuable contact information. What worked best for me was her honest and cut-to-the-chase assessment of my strengths and weaknesses. We were able to identify what I needed to work on and set the wheels in motion quickly. I start my new job with a great company in March and I couldn’t have done it without Danielle. Also, the networking information I gained during this process will help me tremendously in my ongoing career and professional development. Thanks again Danielle!”
B. Purcell, Teacher
“Run – don’t walk to DMD & Associates, Inc. if you want your phone to start ringing after you send out your resume!”
J. Gabriel, Marketing Executive
How to Ask for a Raise or Promotion Career Consulting Session
You want a raise. Whether your performance review is around the corner or you’ve taken on new responsibilities over the past few months, chances are the thought of asking for a raise or promotion makes you nervous.
Planning is the key to effectively asking for a raise or promotion long before you even head to the negotiation table, you should be laying the groundwork for a bigger paycheck. During each one hour session, we help you answer and land the ideal compensation package with a thorough analyzing of your background and preparation of a strategy and recommendation of documents necessary to express what you are worth professionally.
“I hired DMD & Associates to assist me in getting ready for my annual review. She was able to realize all that I had accomplished in the last year and put that into a document that persuaded my supervisor to give me raise. I found out later that I was on the only person in the organization that came in with actual documentation of my performance and was also the only employee to receive a raise! I would have never received this raise if I would not have used DMD & Associates. This session paid for itself literally 100X over.”
–A. Michot, Oil & Gas Industry
Strategic, Targeted Job Search Action Plan
After an initial conversation to review your specific career objectives and demographic preference for your job search, a comprehensive report will be prepared specifically for your use in your transition and job search. These resources are specifically targeted to address your career and transition objectives and will include:
- Acclimation and Community Resources – for those relocating to another market
- Salary Indication- for use in negotiating salary
- Job Boards- proprietary to demographic location and desired occupation
- Staffing/Employment Agencies
- Recruiters/Headhunters – if applicable
- Manual on how to use LinkedIn during the job search
- Job Fairs and Other Job Searching Events
- Networking and Leveraging Contacts
- Professional Associations with lists of upcoming networking events
- Database of Potential Employers
- Volunteer Opportunities for networking and/or acclimating to new area
- Your Action Plan – with sections for deadlines and personal commitments
* Includes resources for 1 geographical target market only and 1 career objective. Extra markets can be included for an additional fee.
Entrepreneurial Action Plan
Is running a small business the next career change for you? Waffling between owning your own business and working in a traditional setting can keep you running in circles. If multiple career and job changes have affected your confidence and clarity, it’s no wonder you may be tentative about taking a business risk. You may want to determine whether entrepreneurship is right for you – and we can assist you with that important step.
We will prepare resources targeted to address your specific new business objectives:
- Business Concept Summary
- General Entrepreneur and Small Business Resources
- Recommended Reading
- Business Structures
- Business Registration
- Business Plan Resources
- Competitive Research
- Market Research
- Marketing Resources
- Online Presence
- Community Resources
- Step-by-Step Action Plan with built in deadlines to guarantee ongoing progress
Interview Rehearsal Session
Haven’t interviewed in a while? Just want to brush up on your skills and gain a little more confidence?
The resume opens the door, but we don’t leave you there. We formulate a set of interview questions and answers so you arrive prepared. Our job interview tips and techniques will:
- Take you step-by-step through the likely job interview.
- Reveal the qualities that interviewers may look for.
- Provide numerous sample questions.
- Show you curveballs they may ask.
- Sharpen your answers.
- Develop questions to ask in turn.
- Help you establish common ground with the interviewer.
- Help you control nervousness and make a better all-around impression.
We equip you to engage the interviewers effectively and memorably. You will benefit from a an interview rehearsal session(s) with a career coach, trained to help you improve your skills and learn specific strategies for answering the toughest interview questions—and just as (if not more) importantly—tips on asking your own questions!
“I was totally clueless on where to begin, what to do, who to call when I found myself unemployed. By meeting with DMD & Associates and having them prepare a Job Search Action Plan, I felt like I had every tool in my toolkit that I needed to get the job done. This plan gave me a very clear direction on what to do each and every day during the job search. When I was totally overwhelmed, this information helped to frame the path I needed to take.”
–P. Hernandez, Marketing Director.
Salary Negotiation Consulting Session
FOR PEOPLE LOOKING TO NEGOTIATE THE HIGHEST AMOUNT POSSIBLE.
If you want to negotiate your salary or ask for a raise, we provide resources and a process jam-packed with insider tips, proven strategies and salary negotiation secrets. You’ll learn how to:
- Get the raise or salary that feels impossible to achieve
- Identify each and every benefit, perk and concession to negotiate
- Overcome the most common fears that make you reluctant to ask for a raise
- Leverage the top secrets to negotiating the highest amount
- Communicate the proven strategies to become the #1 candidate so you can negotiate a top salary
Discover the do’s and don’ts of negotiation so you can effectively negotiate your salary or ask for a raise. This program will help you earn what you deserve and get paid what you are worth.
* The above rates are for individuals, different fee structures apply to company requiring contract as part of outplacement services.