Companies that offer effective job searching tools to displaced employees aid these individuals, but also strengthen the company’s reputation and public image as well as raise employee morale and productivity
1. Maintain relationships: Employees surveyed said that the main area they wanted help with when being laid off was finding a new job[i]. In other words, outplacement services address the biggest desire of employees that must be let go, which is finding a new job. This service helps preserve the goodwill of terminated employees. You may even want to rehire some of them in the future.
2. Employees are also consumers: Your outgoing employees are actually your newest alumni. They may also soon be customers, partners and competitors.
3. Maintain brand name: Terminated and surviving employees will feel appreciated and tell friends and associates that your company provided them assistance. Any negative reactions from affected employees may tarnish the company’s image. Outplacement services will help maintain corporate values and create a responsible external image.
4. Reduction in costs: Outplacement reduces the amount of time an affected employee searches for a job, in turn reducing unemployment costs.
5. Social investment: Not only is your company saving money, but also you are paying it forward to your local economy by providing a motivated and refocused workforce.